Sunday, September 11, 2011

15 Years and Counting

This last week saw the arrival of our 15th anniversary and it was cause for some reflection and reconnection.  Time really does fly when you are having, er, fun!  Most of  the time we manage to squeeze in some fun!  Life really is easier and more fulfilling when you have your best-friend/soul-mate at your side.  I don't know what I did to deserve Gomez, but I am glad I did it!  What an amazing, kind, generous, sweet, loving, loveable, intelligent, corny, strong, wise, self-sacrificing soul he is!  My in-laws are amazing, too!  Always ready to help and love each other, no matter what.  I am so blessed to have them in my life.  (If any of you read this, I mean it!  That means you, too, Clan F!) 
It is disconcerting, however, when people you have not thought of in years no longer have a name that flashes right into your head and you have to search for it.  We are both searching for a couple of them a few days later, but they will eventually come back at 3 AM with the frustration of not being able to sleep. 
We reminisced about meeting each other and those who filled our lives then, as well as our sweet little girlillas who left us way to soon.  RIP Liffy and Nellie!  We love and miss you!  It is astounding that life changes so much and so drastically!  This has been a great exercise is perspective and really has made me thankful for the people who are now in our lives, whether it be everyday or less often.  Eash one of you means so much and I hope you know it.
Here is to the last 15 years and, hopefully to at least, 50 more!

No comments:

Post a Comment