Sunday, September 11, 2011

When Gomez goes away, Morticia plays! (With Artisan Bread!)

My sweet man was called away on business and while he was away I dabbled in the kitchen arts, yet again.  I love the ladies in my fiber arts group!  So many ideas flying around, but this one I caught and have managed to try!  Artisan Bread sounds scary, but it isn't.  One of our group members brought a great book for another member to peruse and after I looked at it, I went online, found the dough recipe and instructions and whipped up a batch of dough.  The first baking attempt taught me that baking stones, sadly, do not last forever.  Mine was 10 years old and had enough "season", i.e., old oil and butter in it to smoke up the house.  FUN! NOT!  My second attempt was with an overturned cookie sheet with parchment paper and the results were incredible!  Crusty on the outside and chewy, soft goodness on the inside!  Yum! 


Subsequent attempts have been even better and the lucky few that have received a round all said it was really good and I think one even said it was "amazing"!  If anyone is interested in trying it, let me know and I will get you the link to the recipe.  It is super easy!
Thanks to my great friend, Miss K., for the unselfish gift of a Pampered Chef baking stone to help my efforts.  It works perfectly!

No comments:

Post a Comment