Thursday, February 14, 2013

Long time no blog...again! And a rant about idiocy...

Hello to all from the wintry tundra of the mountains I call home!  Happy Valentine's Day, too!

Violets, the official flowers of February

It has been a while since I have bothered to even think about this poor, neglected blog of mine, but upon doing some research online for a homemade version of Purex Crystals, I decided to take inspiration from Jen at  http://www.peopleiwanttopunchinthethroat.com/.  I love her rants and she makes me laugh and I do believe we both feel better for it.  And it so much cheaper than therapy!
fair warning, though, for those of you who go to her site, she does use some naughty language.  You cannot say I did not warn you!  I love her site even more because of it!  Raw honesty is so refreshing!

Anyway, it appears that every single person in the blogoshpere who has made their own "fabric softener crystals" cannot read the back of a Purex Crystals bottle!  The ingredients say:  Sugar, bentonite clay, fragrance and colorant.  Sounds pretty simple, right?  Then why are all of these fabulous bloggers using SALT and EPSOM SALTS to make this stuff!!  My next project will be to replicate this glorius concoction and then post the results for all to see.  If I fail, oh, well, but if I am triumphant the world will know and I will post the recipe!  It is simply figuring out ingredient ratios.
So, with that off my chest, I can now go conquer the world and enjoy this oh-so-sweet holiday! 

May all who have found love have it grow deeper,
and those who have not, may they find it and have it flourish!

No comments:

Post a Comment