Sunday, November 24, 2013

Still not good at this whole blogging thing... Or, how the Grinch is trying to steal my Christmas

Well, another almost year and I am finally up to posting a new entry.  Honestly, I just don't think about it.  I also don't have any sponsors to beholden to either, so I guess I am like thousands of others out there who have a blog and just don't play with it.  Sorry, blog!

Anyway, as the holiday season looms, once again, I find myself wanting to be crafty and I am darn good at it!  The trouble is, I don't FEEL it...  Meaning ideas abound, but the mere thought of expending time or energy on any of them is just daunting.  Depression symptom?  Maybe, but mostly likely I have just been so busy with other aspects of my life all year that I just need time to do... nothing.  We are also flipping families this year for the two big holidays and, while I am glad to do it, I am having the weepies about not being with my family for Christmas this year.  In all fairness to Gomez's clan, we have not been with them for Christmas in about 15 years.  However, this will be my first one away from my family since my daddy died 5 years ago.  Oh!  And my mommy just got re-married in our backyard less than two weeks ago, so there is that concern as well.  Thankfully she and the new hubby have my brother and his flock to make merry with.

Gomez and I have had to be away from each other for several months out of this year and it is very unusual and, quite frankly, it was hard and neither one of us liked being away from hearth and home and pups and each other!  We actually like each other and like spending time with each other.  I even feel guilty right now as I sit writing this, because it is taking time away from us.  The fact that he is in feeding his motor-head with cars and motorcycles on TV assuages my guilt to a degree.  The only times we have had together throughout the summer were on paranormal investigations and then we were sometimes separated or, as the job dictates, we have to be somewhat quiet and sit in the dark listening for things to "go bump in the night".  Hardly romantic and rather exhausting with staying up to all hours, but it is fun and it something we both enjoy doing.  Speaking of which, I will be trying to add and update my Ghost Hunting page soon, maybe even today.  Look out!  I could be on a roll!

I segue, so let's get back on track... crafts and crafty, clever things and ideas!  With a name like Morticia, I obviously like certain things like gardening, knitting, herbalism, embroidery and so on and so forth.  So, naturally for my Christmas gifts this year I will be trying to make natural-based homemade gifts.  I can't tell you what all of them will be, as Ophelia will, no doubt read this and one of these goodies will actually be her birthday gift.  I will post photos later, however, so you will get to see them all.  First on the list of things to make is liquid soap.  Not the cheater kind that you make with a bar of soap and dilute it, but real, good stuff!  Below is a pic of some I made last year.  I normally make bar-soap, but I find most people put it on their shelf because "it is so pretty, I don't want to use it."  Really?!  I slaved over a hot pot for the better part of a day making four batches of the stuff and it isn't being used?!  Well, maybe the liquid version will get its moment of glory!

Last year's liquid soap.  Not bad for my first attempt!
 
Baked goods will also be on the list of gifts given and will include homemade dark chocolate and gingerbread cookies that make the body swoon.  Still trying to come up with the perfect gift for my close menagerie of friends who are all so very different, but not.  How to bring joy to them all in one fell swoop?  Not sure, but I am getting close.  For the imbibers of spirits in my life, there will be Apple Pie "Moonshine" and Cranberry Cordial that are steeping away as I type.  I will try to post the recipes for all from those who are so inclined to be adventurous.
 
Well, the guilt is over-riding me, so back to Gomez and a lazy Sunday together (Yay!).  I am going to go pop in the Grinch DVD and get him out of my system.  No Christmases will be stolen in this house if I have anything to say about it!  Be blessed, be well, be happy and thank you for reading my version of a psycho-therapy session.  Ciao for now!


1 comment:

  1. Hi! I wasn't sure if you still need the instructions for the Crisp loom... here's a link for it if you still need it:

    http://weavingrainbow.com/CrispInstructions.pdf

    ReplyDelete